Gyeongju Teddy Bear Museum
Gyeongju Teddy Bear Museum
The genius scientist Dr. Robert Grant has finally invented a time machine, known as TM-100. The machine’s first destination is to be the Korean region of Gyeongju 170 million years ago, in the age of dinosaurs. This point was selected because Dr. Grant’s wife, Julie, has a keen interest in dinosaurs and wants to make firsthand observations of the Ultrasaurus tabriensis and other creatures that left some 200 dinosaur footprints in the Gyeongju region. What is more, they have learned that Frederick, the villainous Fisher family kingpin, has also set off for the age of dinosaurs, after having stolen Dr. Grant’s blueprints and built his own time machine. His dastardly scheme is to make a lot of money by recklessly hunting dinosaurs and bringing them back to the modern world.
In this gripping battle between the greedy Frederick, who will stop at nothing to gain wealth, and Dr. Grant, who must prevent the time machine he invented from being used for criminal acts, what do you suppose will happen?
Shall we join Dr. Grant and his wife as they begin their journey into the world of the unknown?
# About the exhibitions
1. Dinosaur World : Set off with the Teddy Bear family to visit the fascinating world of dinosaurs, and have a firsthand encounter with these creatures that lived in the Gyeongju region 170 million years ago.
2. Under the Sea : In this once-in-a-lifetime adventure, explore a mysterious undersea world that even includes the famed Dragon Palace, featured in the Korean folktale of the rabbit and the turtle. Cross the frigid seas of the South and North Poles and hear the song of a mermaid in tropical ocean waters.
3. The Silla Scene : Take a journey into history, starting from the birth myth of the first
Silla monarch, Bak Hyeokgeose. Encounter historic figures like Queen Seondeok of Silla
and maritime power Jang Bogo, and visit renowned antiquities like Hwangnyongsa Temple,
Cheomseongdae Astronomical Observatory, Bulguksa Temple, and Seokguram Grotto.
4. Trick Art : An encounter between Teddy Bears and the original works of Jeju Island’s
Trick Art Museum
5. 3D Theater : Touch the soft fur of a polar bear and see undersea creatures swimming
right under your nose in a fun and amazing 3D movie. [Free admission for museum visitors]
Hours: 09:30 - 19:30 (no admission after 18:30)
* Free admission for babies and toddlers up to 36 months (limit of two per adult)
* ‘Children’ refers to youngsters up to sixth grade in elementary school
* ‘Youth’ refers to middle- and high school students
* No double discounts
# Phone : +82-54) 742-7400
# Address: 391, Bomun-ro, Gyeongju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do